The sun’s UV rays can sometimes cause polish to fade during the summer, and the last thing you want when you’re abroad is your freshly painted nails and toes melting.
So you’ve applied 2 coats of your chosen Custom Colour Polish and now you’re unsure which top coat to use…...READ MORE
The sun’s UV rays can sometimes cause polish to fade during the summer, and the last thing you want when you’re abroad is your freshly painted nails and toes melting.
So you’ve applied 2 coats of your chosen Custom Colour Polish and now you’re unsure which top coat to use…
As with every Jessica manicure, always apply Top Priority Top Coat to seal and protect your colour. Top Priority includes Keratin Amino Acids and gives a ‘ceramic’ glaze to the nail.
Next apply one coat of Brilliance Top Coat which allows your manicure to dry faster, provides a high shine finish and importantly contains UV filters. Brilliance is great for protecting your manicure from fading and yellowing, especially in the heat. It’s also recommended to use Brilliance in between manicures to revive the colour and bring back the high shine.
An alternative to applying both Top Priority and Brilliance is our Thick Plumping Top Coat, which also contains UV filters to prevent discolouring. Thick is best applied without another top coat, and only one thin layer per nail is needed. It’s also long lasting and fast drying, so is great if you’re in a hurry.
We hope these tips help you.
This summer we have been #JessObsessed with your #JessicaJourney ‘nailfies’ on Instagram and Twitter. Here are some of our favourite:...READ MORE
This summer we have been #JessObsessed with your #JessicaJourney ‘nailfies’ on Instagram and Twitter. Here are some of our favourite:
Custom Colour: Jessica Red
GELeration: Runway Ready
GELeration: Flower Crown
( Beauty Secrets )
Custom Colour: True Blue
Custom Colour: Oasis
There are no such rules when it comes to nails on your wedding day. Nail art is a huge trend which never quite goes out of fashion, and can easily be achieved for your big day in a chic & stylish way. We’ve teamed up with Samantha Louise Cox from The Daily Nail Spa to give you some inspo for your special day:...READ MORE
There are no such rules when it comes to nails on your wedding day. Nail art is a huge trend which never quite goes out of fashion, and can easily be achieved for your big day in a chic & stylish way. We’ve teamed up with Samantha Louise Cox from The Daily Nail Spa to give you some inspo for your special day:
GELeration in ‘Cheeky‘ and ‘Sunset Boulevard‘ & Time to Sparkle Glitter in ‘Gold‘.
GELeration in ‘Tease‘ and ‘Cheeky‘ on accent nail.
GELeration in ‘Tease‘ with ‘Chalk White‘ on accent nail, and Time To Sparkle Glitter in ‘Rose Gold‘
GELeration in ‘Bellini Baby‘ and ‘Chalk White‘.
Everyone deserves a sweet treat once in a while, and now you can without the guilt with the New Phenom Sugar Town collection!
Introducing 3 new vivid additions to the highly acclaimed Phenom 3 – step quick drying, high-shine manicure system…...READ MORE
Everyone deserves a sweet treat once in a while, and now you can without the guilt with the Sugar Town collection!
Introducing 3 new vivid additions to the highly acclaimed Phenom 3 – step quick drying, high-shine manicure system…
Laffy Taffy – a bubble gum pink crème
Gumdrop – a glossy white crème
Red Hots – a spicy bright red crème
Express yourself and be young, wild & free with Jessica’s vibrant, al fresco summer hues this summer...READ MORE
Express yourself and be young, wild & free with Jessica’s vibrant, al fresco summer hues this summer. Introducing the new Gypsy Spirit Collection
All shades are available in Custom Colour, Midi’s & GELeration (excluding Sahara Sun in GELeration).
Feel the sand between your toes with our 6 brand news shades:
Flower Crown – a fresh green crème
Vio-Light – an on-trend ultra violet opalescent
Oasis – a sumptuous French blue crème
Mojave Desert – a sky pink crème
Festival Fuschia – a vivid pink crème
Sahara Sun – a tangy orange crème
Choosing wedding nails can be just as important as choosing the dress! Okay it’s probably not as big a deal as the dress, but your nails will be on show continuously throughout the day especially when your guests want to see the ring!...READ MORE
Choosing wedding nails can be just as important as choosing the dress! Okay it’s probably not as big a deal as the dress, but your nails will be on show continuously throughout the day especially when your guests want to see the ring!
Here are some of our top favourite Jessica shades for the bride:
Custom Colour – Lavender Lush
Custom Colour – Exposed
Custom Colour – Call Me Baby (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/50454458301566859/)
Custom Colour – Champagne Bubbles (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/545639311089374797/ )
Phenom – Pretty in Pink (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/247557310746226342/)
Phenom – Adore Me (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/247557310746937716/)
GELeration – Tease (Sophia Stylianou)
GELeration – Soho in Love (Sophia Stylianou)
Here’s how you can nail your 8 Week wedding countdown
This is one for the nail biters; break the biting habit with a daily application of Nibble No More which contains bitter cactus extract, to remind you that nails are not for biting!
8 Weeks to Go:
This is one for the nail biters; break the biting habit with a daily application of Nibble No More which contains bitter cactus extract, to remind you that nails are not for biting! In order to grow nails to their full potential, we’d recommend getting a GELeration manicure as a gel manicure can protect your natural nails and allows them to grow. Gel nails are also another deterrent from biting your nails!
If you’re not a nail-biter, it’s never too early to get into a good nail routine. Jessica Nail Expert Charlotte Lowe explains “Don’t leave things to the last minute – start a natural nail care regime before the ‘big day’ to ensure nails are in the best health possible”. Go for a professional manicure so your manicurist can analyse your nails properly and advise the right treatments for you.
6 Weeks to Go:
Decisions, decisions will you be going for a classic polish manicure or a GELeration manicure? Book a trial at your local salon/spa so you can see the benefits of each manicure to help you decide. GELeration is a stress-free bridal option and will last up to 3 weeks, whereas a regular polish manicure can vary and allows you to change the colour if you wish to go for something a little brighter just before the honeymoon!
4 Weeks to Go:
Book your mani/pedi appointment to ensure you secure the date. The last thing you want is your favourite salon to be booked up and you’re most likely certain on what type of manicure you want.
Encourage your bridesmaids to start a homecare routine! Weekly pamper sessions are the perfect opportunity to go through wedding plans whilst getting nails into shape! It’s also a good chance to go through the colours for your bridesmaids and some girly time before the big day!
2 Weeks to Go:
Prep the feet and start applying a treatment on your feet at home. Our Zenspa Heel Repair Crème is great to apply on the feet at night to really help purify, cleanse and soothe your soles.
1 Day to Go:
Have your wedding manicure & pedicure and relax! All your pre-wedding prep means nails should be the last thing on your mind. Maybe pack a mini Phenomen Oil in your bag to keep your nails & cuticles hydrated. Plus, it’s good to use on any dry areas like elbows, feet & knees!
Jessica Nails UK
Whether you’re running a 10k or a half marathon this year, your feet are going to need some serious TLC. Cracked heels, calluses and blisters are all common problems caused by too much pressure on our feet. Here are some of our top recovery tips for Marathon Runners…...READ MORE
1. Book yourself in for a pedicure It’s the easiest option if you don’t have much time or you simply rather let someone else do the job to a much more professional standard. Indulge in a foot massage provided with your pedicure for some well-deserved relaxation time. Discover Jessica Nails in your nearest salon or spa by using the store locator: https://www.jessicacosmetics.co.uk/salon-finder/
2. Fill a bowl with warm water and simply add a small amount of ZenSpa Revive Microdermabrasion Foot Scrub to the palms of your hand & massage into the foot concentrating on hard skin areas around the ankle and heel. Once done, put feet back in the bowl and rinse. The natural mineral blend will rejuvenate condition and maintain the moisture levels in your skin. Scrubs are great for problem areas as Cindy Johnson (Jessica Nails Expert & Chiropodist) explains “Runners are particularly prone to dry feet, which can cause the skin to crack and become very painful. To avoid this, use a scrub once or twice to break down the hard skin.”
3. Dry or Cracked Heels are very common after a run, to drive away dry skin, use a foot file and follow with Zenspa Hydrating Heel Repair Crème which contains Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and Shea Butter. It can be applied directly on the heel area and will drench skin in moisture. Say goodbye to dry, cracked heels!
4. Keep toenails short is one of Cindy’s top tips. “Big toenails are the most commonly damaged nails for athletes due to leverage from shoes rubbing against the edge of the nail, so encourage these clients to keep their toenails short and square in shape.”
5. When running there is a lot of pressure on your toes due to the shoes rubbing against the toenail. Restore any lost moisture in those toe nails with Restoration Base Coat, an intensive strengthener with healing echinacea that returns nails to a healthy condition. You can also use Zenspa Pedicure Cuticle & Callous Remover – Restore which can be applied to help smooth, and remove even the toughest callouses. It can also help unwanted dry cuticles, and helps prevent hangnails.
Whatever you end up doing on Valentine’s Day — you don’t need a fancy dinner reservation to have fabulous nails. Give yourself a little nail affection with a beautiful red manicure this Valentine’s. Here’s how to find your favourite new red to suit your skin tone:...READ MORE
Cherish your cuticles with Jessica’s iconic award-winning Phenomen Oil containing moisturising jojoba, almond and rice oils to condition and stimulate nail growth. Massage a drop into cuticles every night, pushing back with a cotton bud. Not only will this keep cuticles soft and tidy, it will also stimulate nail growth and encourage healthy nails to fall in love with.
Step-by-steps from our #JessicaFestiveFriday winners...READ MORE
1. Start by prepping your nails with your standard manicure routine.
2. Apply one thin coat of your chosen JESSICA base coat on all nails. Allow to dry before moving onto the next steps.
3. Apply one coat of Sky High Custom Colour to the middle finger and thumb, wait to dry and then apply a second coat of colour.
4. Apply one coat of Chalk White Custom Colour to the ring finger. Leave to dry and then apply a second coat of colour.
5. Apply one coat of Midnight Moonlight Custom Colour to the index and little finger, wait to dry and then apply a second coat.
6. Using a small thin detailing brush with Midnight Moonlight Custom Colour, create the Christmas trees on the ring finger by drawing three triangles on top of each other, with the largest at the bottom. Leave to dry.
7. To create the Christmas jumper pattern on the middle finger and thumb, use a thin detailing brush with Chalk White Custom Colour to draw a zigzag pattern across the nail and then repeat in the opposite direction to create a row of diamonds.
8. Continue with Chalk White Custom Colour and use the Dotting Tool to add the dots above and below each of the diamonds.
9. For the snowflakes on the index and little finger, I used a Christmas stamping plate with Chalk White Custom Colour.
Look created by Samantha Rolf.
1. For the hat, apply one thin coat of Royal Red Custom Colour ¼ way down the nail from the cuticle.
2. Paint the tip of the nail using Chalk White Custom Colour. Leave a window of nail free from colour for the face. Go along the hat and beard line with the dotting tool using Chalk White to frame the face.
4. Apply two smaller black dots for the pupils of the eyes with Sunset Blvd. Custom Colour and leave to dry.
1. Apply one thin coat of Sunset Blvd. to the whole nail, leave to dry and follow with a second thin coat.
2. Using Chalk White, paint a semi-circle from half way up the nail down to the tip for the chest . Leave to dry and apply a second thin coat. Using a dotting tool, add two dots of Chalk White above the chest for the eyes.
3. Using a small dotting tool or thin nail art brush, apply Fashionably Late Custom Colour in two small semi-circles on the tip of the nail for the feet, and a small triangle at the top of the chest for the beak.
4. Use a dotting tool with Sunset Blvd., add two black dots to the eye for pupils. Leave to dry.
1. Apply one thin coat of Snake Pit Custom Colour over the whole nail. Allow to dry and follow with a second thin coat.
2. For the nose, paint one thin coat of Royal Red in a large circle at the tip of the nail. Alternatively use Bedazzler Custom Colour for a glittery red nose (or any other red colours will do). Allow to dry and apply a second thin coat.
3. Apply two dots of Chalk White for the eyes with a dotting tool.
4. For the antlers, use a small nail art brush with Intrigue Custom Colour and apply one thin line with two smaller lines coming off of each, just above the eyes. Allow to dry.
5. Add two smaller dots of Sunset Blvd. to the eyes for the pupils and leave to dry.
Look created by Amy Ashton.
1. Start with clean nails and file to your desired shape. A squoval would be best suited for this design.
2. Apply a thin coat of your chosen JESSICA base coat.
3. Decide which finger you want the reindeer on and apply three thin coats of Bedazzler Custom Colour to the other nails, followed by one coat of Brilliance.
1. After your chosen base coat, apply three thin coats of Chalk White Custom Colour.
2. Once dry, create the reindeer’s face by painting a semi-circle from the tip, coming about ½ – ¾ up the nail, using Naked Contours Custom Colour. Wait to dry.
3. Next, use a dotting tool or a small nail art brush to create a mini semi-circle at the tip of the nail for the nose using two coats of Bedazzler Custom Colour.
4. Add eyes by using a dotting tool with Velvet and Pearls Custom Colour.
5. For the antlers, take a small nail art brush with Mad for Madison Custom Colour and draw two lines from the top of the reindeer’s head, with two small thinner lines coming off of each.
6. Wait to dry and then finish with a thin coat of Brilliance.
This look can also be created in GELeration. Simply pop into your local Jessica salon.
Look created by Freya Burge.
During the colder months it’s easy to forget about our hands when they’re hidden away inside gloves...READ MORE
Cuticle care is a must all year round, but especially during the colder months. Phenomen Oil provides an intense hit of moisture with jojoba, almond and rice oils. Massage into cuticles at night and sleep your way to beautiful skin. Phenomen Oil can also be used on any dry areas such as knees, elbows and lips – a real dry skin saviour!
Keep cuticles soft and supple with Nourish. Just a small amount will go a long way. The pure blend of antioxidant vitamins, zinc (to shrink cuticles) and healing agents melt into the skin, leaving it beautifully soft. Keep a small tube in your handbag or at your desk, and massage in throughout the day to stimulate circulation.
DIY TREATMENT: Soak a towel in warm water before wringing out. Apply a generous amount of cuticle oil and Hand and Body Moisturising Emulsion before wrapping your hands up to your wrist in cling film, then wrap around the warmed towel. Relax for 10 minutes. The heat from the towel will help to open pores so the products can be absorbed easily. Remove the towel and cling film, then massage in any remaining product.
Poor circulation in the cold weather leads to slower cell renewal and skin becomes drier and duller. Lightly massage LeRemedi HandSilk Exfoliare into hands to slough off dead skin cells, before rinsing off. The unique blend of vegetable and fruit extract will reveal softer, smoother skin. For extra softness apply LeRemedi HandRenew Liposomes over the top to seal in moisture.
Lack of moisture can cause nails to break so to prevent breakage and to offer extra strength and protection, keep nails covered daily with a base coat. Using the correct base coat will restore the essential balance of moisture and flexibility, and help nails grow long, strong and beautiful. Take a look at our Nail Analysis to find the right base coat for your nail type.
For the ultimate pampering treat, try the Jessica Deluxe Manicure. With heated mittens – which not only feel divine, but help products to penetrate the skin more deeply and to improve circulation – this treatment makes a perfect Christmas gift. To book yours, or to buy a gift voucher for a loved one, click here to find your nearest Jessica spa or salon.
Get involved in our social media contest…...READ MORE
Get involved in our social media contest for a chance to win a Jessica Gift Set and to be featured on our blog and social media!
From tasteful tartan to extravagant sparkly nail art, we want to see your best nail looks for the festive season!
How to enter:
1) Take a photo of your polished-to-party-perfection nails.
2) Post it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #JessicaFestiveFriday.
3) Tag us in your post: @jessicanails on Twitter or @jessicanailsuk on Facebook and Instagram.
4) Submit your looks by the Wednesday of each week, and on the Friday we will announce our favourite.
5) The winners will be asked to submit a step-by-step of their look which will be featured on our blog, as well as our social media.
Head over to our #JessicaFestiveFriday Pinterest board.
Let’s get festive!
Contest running from the 1st until the 22nd December. UK only. One winner will be selected each week. T&Cs apply.