Whatever you end up doing on Valentine’s Day — you don’t need a fancy dinner reservation to have fabulous nails. Give yourself a little nail affection with a beautiful red manicure this Valentine’s. Here’s how to find your favourite new red to suit your skin tone:...READ MORE
Cherish your cuticles with Jessica’s iconic award-winning Phenomen Oil containing moisturising jojoba, almond and rice oils to condition and stimulate nail growth. Massage a drop into cuticles every night, pushing back with a cotton bud. Not only will this keep cuticles soft and tidy, it will also stimulate nail growth and encourage healthy nails to fall in love with.
Step-by-steps from our #JessicaFestiveFriday winners...READ MORE
1. Start by prepping your nails with your standard manicure routine.
2. Apply one thin coat of your chosen JESSICA base coat on all nails. Allow to dry before moving onto the next steps.
3. Apply one coat of Sky High Custom Colour to the middle finger and thumb, wait to dry and then apply a second coat of colour.
4. Apply one coat of Chalk White Custom Colour to the ring finger. Leave to dry and then apply a second coat of colour.
5. Apply one coat of Midnight Moonlight Custom Colour to the index and little finger, wait to dry and then apply a second coat.
6. Using a small thin detailing brush with Midnight Moonlight Custom Colour, create the Christmas trees on the ring finger by drawing three triangles on top of each other, with the largest at the bottom. Leave to dry.
7. To create the Christmas jumper pattern on the middle finger and thumb, use a thin detailing brush with Chalk White Custom Colour to draw a zigzag pattern across the nail and then repeat in the opposite direction to create a row of diamonds.
8. Continue with Chalk White Custom Colour and use the Dotting Tool to add the dots above and below each of the diamonds.
9. For the snowflakes on the index and little finger, I used a Christmas stamping plate with Chalk White Custom Colour.
Look created by Samantha Rolf.
1. For the hat, apply one thin coat of Royal Red Custom Colour ¼ way down the nail from the cuticle.
2. Paint the tip of the nail using Chalk White Custom Colour. Leave a window of nail free from colour for the face. Go along the hat and beard line with the dotting tool using Chalk White to frame the face.
4. Apply two smaller black dots for the pupils of the eyes with Sunset Blvd. Custom Colour and leave to dry.
1. Apply one thin coat of Sunset Blvd. to the whole nail, leave to dry and follow with a second thin coat.
2. Using Chalk White, paint a semi-circle from half way up the nail down to the tip for the chest . Leave to dry and apply a second thin coat. Using a dotting tool, add two dots of Chalk White above the chest for the eyes.
3. Using a small dotting tool or thin nail art brush, apply Fashionably Late Custom Colour in two small semi-circles on the tip of the nail for the feet, and a small triangle at the top of the chest for the beak.
4. Use a dotting tool with Sunset Blvd., add two black dots to the eye for pupils. Leave to dry.
1. Apply one thin coat of Snake Pit Custom Colour over the whole nail. Allow to dry and follow with a second thin coat.
2. For the nose, paint one thin coat of Royal Red in a large circle at the tip of the nail. Alternatively use Bedazzler Custom Colour for a glittery red nose (or any other red colours will do). Allow to dry and apply a second thin coat.
3. Apply two dots of Chalk White for the eyes with a dotting tool.
4. For the antlers, use a small nail art brush with Intrigue Custom Colour and apply one thin line with two smaller lines coming off of each, just above the eyes. Allow to dry.
5. Add two smaller dots of Sunset Blvd. to the eyes for the pupils and leave to dry.
Look created by Amy Ashton.
1. Start with clean nails and file to your desired shape. A squoval would be best suited for this design.
2. Apply a thin coat of your chosen JESSICA base coat.
3. Decide which finger you want the reindeer on and apply three thin coats of Bedazzler Custom Colour to the other nails, followed by one coat of Brilliance.
1. After your chosen base coat, apply three thin coats of Chalk White Custom Colour.
2. Once dry, create the reindeer’s face by painting a semi-circle from the tip, coming about ½ – ¾ up the nail, using Naked Contours Custom Colour. Wait to dry.
3. Next, use a dotting tool or a small nail art brush to create a mini semi-circle at the tip of the nail for the nose using two coats of Bedazzler Custom Colour.
4. Add eyes by using a dotting tool with Velvet and Pearls Custom Colour.
5. For the antlers, take a small nail art brush with Mad for Madison Custom Colour and draw two lines from the top of the reindeer’s head, with two small thinner lines coming off of each.
6. Wait to dry and then finish with a thin coat of Brilliance.
This look can also be created in GELeration. Simply pop into your local Jessica salon.
Look created by Freya Burge.
During the colder months it’s easy to forget about our hands when they’re hidden away inside gloves...READ MORE
Cuticle care is a must all year round, but especially during the colder months. Phenomen Oil provides an intense hit of moisture with jojoba, almond and rice oils. Massage into cuticles at night and sleep your way to beautiful skin. Phenomen Oil can also be used on any dry areas such as knees, elbows and lips – a real dry skin saviour!
Keep cuticles soft and supple with Nourish. Just a small amount will go a long way. The pure blend of antioxidant vitamins, zinc (to shrink cuticles) and healing agents melt into the skin, leaving it beautifully soft. Keep a small tube in your handbag or at your desk, and massage in throughout the day to stimulate circulation.
DIY TREATMENT: Soak a towel in warm water before wringing out. Apply a generous amount of cuticle oil and Hand and Body Moisturising Emulsion before wrapping your hands up to your wrist in cling film, then wrap around the warmed towel. Relax for 10 minutes. The heat from the towel will help to open pores so the products can be absorbed easily. Remove the towel and cling film, then massage in any remaining product.
Poor circulation in the cold weather leads to slower cell renewal and skin becomes drier and duller. Lightly massage LeRemedi HandSilk Exfoliare into hands to slough off dead skin cells, before rinsing off. The unique blend of vegetable and fruit extract will reveal softer, smoother skin. For extra softness apply LeRemedi HandRenew Liposomes over the top to seal in moisture.
Lack of moisture can cause nails to break so to prevent breakage and to offer extra strength and protection, keep nails covered daily with a base coat. Using the correct base coat will restore the essential balance of moisture and flexibility, and help nails grow long, strong and beautiful. Take a look at our Nail Analysis to find the right base coat for your nail type.
For the ultimate pampering treat, try the Jessica Deluxe Manicure. With heated mittens – which not only feel divine, but help products to penetrate the skin more deeply and to improve circulation – this treatment makes a perfect Christmas gift. To book yours, or to buy a gift voucher for a loved one, click here to find your nearest Jessica spa or salon.
Get involved in our social media contest…...READ MORE
Get involved in our social media contest for a chance to win a Jessica Gift Set and to be featured on our blog and social media!
From tasteful tartan to extravagant sparkly nail art, we want to see your best nail looks for the festive season!
How to enter:
1) Take a photo of your polished-to-party-perfection nails.
2) Post it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #JessicaFestiveFriday.
3) Tag us in your post: @jessicanails on Twitter or @jessicanailsuk on Facebook and Instagram.
4) Submit your looks by the Wednesday of each week, and on the Friday we will announce our favourite.
5) The winners will be asked to submit a step-by-step of their look which will be featured on our blog, as well as our social media.
Head over to our #JessicaFestiveFriday Pinterest board.
Let’s get festive!
Contest running from the 1st until the 22nd December. UK only. One winner will be selected each week. T&Cs apply.
Give the holiday gift of beautiful nails with Jessica’s new Christmas collections...READ MORE
From rich delicious crème to seasonal sparkle – Jessica delivers polished-to-party-perfection nails for the festive season ahead.
Slip fingers and toes into sparkles with the new Custom Colour Holiday Collection.
Three new individual shades with a glitter finish to catch everyone’s eye at the party. Also available in Professional GELeration Soak-Off Gel Polish.
Perfect for: a treat to you, from you
It’s Fast – It Lasts – It Shines. A phenomenal evolution in polish, Phenom delivers a gel-like mirror shine in three simple steps.
From pearlescent, metallic to glitter – an on-trend mirror shine finish in three fast-drying party-perfect gem-like shades.
Perfect for: the party girl of the family!
When Jessica and Spongellé get together, the ultimate in pampering is ready to display under the tree.
Contains Spongelle’s small travel-friendly body wash infused Spongette buffer (5+washes), designed to moisturise and rejuvenate the skin from neck to toe, plus a winter-ready shade of Jessica Custom Colour.
Perfect for: the one who loves a touch of luxury.
Party season means pamper season. The perfect gift set for dry nails during the winter months, combining a midi Custom Colour with midi of the best-selling intensive cuticle moisturiser Phenomen Oil.
Perfect for: your bestie.
Fun packaging and dazzling colours, the winning combination for the perfect gift. Includes mini polishes in three new Christmas colours and two best-selling shades.
Perfect for: secret santa.
Heart of Gold [GL]
Royal Red [C]
Dazzling Diva [GL]
Blinged Out Bronze [GL]
Dance Till Daylight [GL]
Gift set includes Vivid Colour (0.5oz), Finale Shine Top Coat (0.5oz), plus midi Reward Treatment Base Coat (0.25oz).
Prime nails with two coats of Jessica Reward base coat, then apply two coats of Vivid Colour and finish with two coats of Finale Shine, and then shine like you’ve never shined before!
Perfect for: a stocking filler.
Forget diamonds, these precious gem inspired polishes are a girl’s new best friend…...READ MORE
Considered the most magnificent of all gems, Ruby symbolises power and protection.
Ancients believed that when worn this stone helped protect warriors in battle (think Dorothy’s ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz).
They motivate and empower the wearer, bringing a sense of determination and self-confidence.
The red of the Ruby is the colour of self-confidence, fearlessness and excitement. It promotes enthusiasm and drives people towards prosperity and achievement.
Arguably the most unique and diverse stone, Opals have been the muse of creatives since the beginning of time.
However they take a very long time to form – 5 million years to be exact!
White Opals are the happiest of opals as they encourage creativity, imagination and optimism to the wearer.
The colour of the Opal exhibits all colours of the rainbow spectrum and so became the origin of the word ‘opalescence’.
Only found in three locations in the whole world, red beryl is an extremely rare variety of beryl – one found in every 150,000 diamonds!
Gem experts estimate it to be worth a thousand times more than Gold.
Red Beryl is the crystal of passion as it encourages lasting love, harmony and compatibility with others.
The colour of the crystal reflects passion, energy and life and brings a sense of boldness to the wearer.
Think manicure and the first thing that comes to mind is a gorgeous set of painted nails. But without the perfect base, colour has nowhere to shine. As natural nail expert Jessica Vartoughian famously states, “All nails are not alike”, so as with skin and hair, they too need a tailored solution. Used frequently, the correct base coat will help nails grow long, strong and beautiful, presenting the perfect paint at its best...READ MORE
Lacks moisture, has ridges, white spots and powdery finish.
base coat for dry nails. Jessica’s exclusive Protein KSW formula (Keratin, Soy and Wheat Protein) and H20 increase moisture levels. While, Jojoba, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E heal, condition and strengthen.
Pink, strong and smooth, flexible, resists breakage.
SOLUTION: Reward base coat for normal nails. Rich with natural botanicals and antioxidants, this Vitamin Therapy contains Vitamins A, C and E to maintain health, strength and flexibility, while Calcium and Aloe Vera protect against nail breakage.
Hard, inflexible, maybe curved, breaks high on the nail.
SOLUTION: Recovery base coat for brittle nails. Improve resilience and flexibility with this moisture-restoring
combination of Protein KSW, Calcium and H2O, which allows the nail to retain moisture.
Can affect all nail types, peels in layers.
SOLUTION: Fusion base coat for peeling nails. This saviour for peeling nails contains rubberised resins
which fuse together the delicate layers of the nail, while vitamin A strengthens and conditions for growth.
Thin and weak, lacking luster, will not grow.
SOLUTION: Restoration base coat for post-acrylic or damaged nails. Rebuild nails from foundation to surface with this regenerative formula containing healing Echinacea to reinforce the nail and aid the recovery process.
Soft, weak, lifeless, just won’t grow.
SOLUTION: Critical Care base coat for soft, weak nails. Contains Protein KSW, fortified with Calcium and intensive strengtheners. Increases keratinisation, creating a protective barrier to allow for maximum growth, strengthening severely weakened nails.
The hottest nail trends for AW17...READ MORE
In New York and London, the urban city vibe was translated onto the nails in moody tones. At Eudon Choi, the Jessica Hands on Team shaped the models’ nails to their natural shape and applied Reward Prescriptive Base Coat, followed by Phēnom in Downtown Chic and finished with No Shine Matte Finish Top Coat.
A firm favourite for spring, the ‘barely there’ look gets a sophisticated upgrade for autumn in an array of neutral shades ranging from sheer, feminine pinks to dense crème nudes. Simply Sexy was the shade of choice at Apu Jan in London, the Hands on Team shaped the models nails to their natural shape and topped with a coat of Brilliance for a glossy look.
Nails are getting a fresh update from the classic autumnal berry to an evergreen, with tree-like tones dominating the catwalks in London at Jasper Conran and Fashion East. The key colours for the season are on the darker end of the scale; forest green, olive and pine.
A big hit for SS17, blue remains a firm favourite for AW17, making a real statement on the catwalks in London and New York. The hot shade for the season is bright, cobalt blue – a striking contrast against the muted tones of autumn.
The most popular colour for SS17, blue nails dominated the runway at Sophia Webster, DKNY and Kate Spade with shades ranging from navy and cobalt to sky blue....READ MORE
The most popular colour for SS17, blue nails dominated the runway at Sophia Webster, DKNY and Kate Spade with shades ranging from navy and cobalt to sky blue.
Nail the trend: Jessica Phēnom in Fountain Bleu, Decadent and Copacabana Beach, or Custom Colour in Periwinkle Bliss, True Blue* or Sky High* as seen at Faustine Steinmetz.
A huge hit in London and New York for AW16, red remains a top pick for this season. Shades were energetic and vibrant, ranging from pillar-box to poppy, with a glossy finish. Red lips are in too, so make a real statement and match your manicure to your pout.
Nail the trend: Jessica Phēnom in Leading Lady and Geisha Girl, or Custom Colour in Ruby Empress and Shock Me Red*.
As seen on the runways in Milan and New York, crisp white nails return for SS17. The look is simple; paint it on and let the colour do the talking. Glossy or matte, the choice is yours.
Nail the trend: Jessica Custom Colour in Chalk White* or Sharktooth.
A firm favourite for last season, metal shades continue to shine for SS17. Say goodbye to the foil shine and hello to tarnished, matte finishes in an array of colours including gold, silver, copper and bronze.
Try the trend: Jessica Phēnom in Gold Vermeil and Antique Silver or Custom Colour in Sterling Queen.
Nude nails get a subtle (and delicious) upgrade for spring in shades of mocha, cappuccino and caramel. At Apu Jan, the Jessica Hands on Team shaped the models’ nails to their natural shape and applied Reward Prescriptive Base Coat, followed by Custom Colour in Creamy Caramel and finished with Brilliance.
Nail the trend: Jessica Custom Colour in Naked Contours*, Nude Thrills* or Creamy Caramel* as seen at Eudon Choi.
Stand aside, black is back again for the season, contributing to a darker mood for spring. Finishes vary from opaque to matte, with high gloss being favoured for an elegant and sophisticated look.
Nail the trend: Jessica’s Velvet & Pearls* is a high shine crème, as seen at Ethologie. Use with Brilliance for an ultra-glossy finish.
*shades also available in Jessica GELeration.
They’ve spent months hidden away underneath layers and inside boots so it can be easy to neglect our feet during the colder months. Prepare to bare with these speedy steps:...READ MORE
They’ve spent months hidden away underneath layers and inside boots so it can be easy to neglect our feet during the colder months. Prepare to bare with these speedy steps:
Before a bath or shower, file any dry areas of skin with long, firm strokes, working in one direction only. Use a foot file that has two sides of different grit – one to tackle very hard skin and the other to smooth over the filed surface. As skin becomes softer when wet we recommend only filing dry skin to avoid accidently over-filing or tearing the skin.
Use Jessica Zenspa Microdermabrasion Foot Scrub to exfoliate feet while in the shower or bath to remove any remaining rough skin and to perfectly smooth filed areas. Pay special attention to extra dry areas. The finely ground volcanic pumice is very effective on hard skin that builds up on feet, as it will renew skin cells and leave your feet feeling like new.
Once out of the bath or shower, dry feet thoroughly, concentrating in-between the toes, and apply Nourish to soften cuticles. Gently push back cuticles using an orangewood stick.
Apply Jessica Zenspa Hydrating Heel Repair Creme to heels and other dry areas. Allow to absorb, then ensure the nail is wiped thoroughly to remove excess oils before painting.
Apply two coats of prescriptive base coat suitable for your nail type. Follow with two coats of colour, making sure to seal the free edge (tips) to protect and prevent polish from chipping more easily. Finish with two coats of Brilliance for a gorgeous shine and a longer-lasting manicure.
To maintain your pedicure reapply Brilliance every 3 days to keep your polish looking fresh and to protect the colour from fading. Before going to bed apply Phenomen Oil and Heel Repair Creme, put on some cotton socks and you’ll wake up with silky smooth skin.
With these simple steps your feet will be ready for sandals in no time.
Shades of Red
In London and New York AW16 Fashion Week, red nails were a huge hit, seen at Kate Spade, Erdem and Ryan Lo. The shades for this season are warm, ranging from pillar-box to mahogany, with a glossy finish....READ MORE
In London and New York AW16 Fashion Week, red nails were a huge hit, seen at Kate Spade, Erdem and Ryan Lo. The shades for this season are warm, ranging from pillar-box to mahogany, with a glossy finish. Red lips are in too, so make a real statement and match your manicure to your makeup.
Try the trend: Jessica Nails Custom Colour in Royal Red, Merlot, Cherrywood.
A firm favourite for the season, metal shades were muted down at Vivienne Westwood, Charlotte Olympia and Jill Stuart. Say goodbye to the foil shine and hello to tarnished, matte finishes in an array of colours including gold, silver, copper and bronze.
Try the trend: Jessica’s new Phenom collection in Gold Vermeil and Antique Silver.
Nail art takes a minimalistic and graphic turn this season, with simple linear designs as a twist on plain colour. Across the cuticle line, tip, horizontally or vertically, the choice is yours.
Try the trend: Jessica’s Custom Colour Creamy Caramel, with a graphic black line of Black Lustre painted across the cuticle line, as seen at David Koma.
Spotted on the runways at London and Paris, nails are taking on a completely natural look for AW16. At Eudon Choi, Jessica Hands on Team shaped the models’ nails to their natural shape and a base and top coat were applied to enhance the natural nail, giving them a clean and fresh look. No colour required!
Try the trend: Jessica’s treatment base coats and protective top coats are designed especially to care for the natural nail. Two coats of each are all you need for this look.
Not for the faint-hearted, animal print isn’t stopping at the clothing rails this season. From leopard spots to tiger stripes, the look is bold, eccentric and daring. Be creative and play with pattern and colour – go wild!
Try the trend: Jessica’s new Into the Wild AW collection with colours including Tangled in Secrets (a russet red crème); Mysterious Echoes (a deliciously rich plum crème); Enter If You Dare (a tawny pink crème); The Luring Beauty (a seductive magenta crème); Snake Pit (a dark mink crème) and Fruit of Temptation (a sumptuous cranberry crème).
Stand aside, black is back for this season. Finishes vary from opaque to matte, with high gloss being favoured for a chic, sophisticated look.
Try the trend: Jessica’s Velvet & Pearls is a high shine, glossy crème. Use with No Shine Finish Top Coat for a matte look.